How to Get the Best Deal on Mattresses with Natural Latex
- 1 8 Ways to Score the Best Deal on Natural Latex Mattress
- 1.1 1. Know the Two Types of Natural Latex
- 1.2 2. Familiarize Yourself with the Cost of an Orange County mattress
- 1.3 3. Familiarize Yourself with the Mattress Firmness Scale
- 1.4 4. Choose the Most Suitable Size for your Bed
- 1.5 5. Pick a Mattress with a Warranty
- 1.6 6. Look for a Mattress Shop that offers Installment Payments
- 1.7 7. Opt for Mattresses from Trusted Sellers
- 1.8 8. Time your Purchase
- 2 Shopping for Natural Latex Mattress in Orange County
Latex has become a popular Orange County mattress material for its ability to adjust to the contour of the body and relieve pressure points. One type, natural latex, is a non-toxic and environment-friendly option. Know more about it and how to choose the right one for you as you read further.
What is Natural Latex?
Natural latex comes from the sap of a rubber tree. It’s a white, milky substance before it undergoes manufacturing. What makes it a sustainable option is the fact that its extraction does not require cutting down trees. Instead, the rubber trees are tapped for harvest and are grown without the need for pesticides.
In the manufacturing process, natural latex usually does not need chemical treatment. It’s hypoallergenic, having naturally mold and mildew-resistant features.
8 Ways to Score the Best Deal on Natural Latex Mattress
1. Know the Two Types of Natural Latex
The two types of natural latex are Dunlop and Talalay. The former is soft at the top and denser at the bottom, while the latter is a gel-like foam.
Your option would depend mostly on density and level of naturalness. Dunlop latex is denser and heavier than Talalay latex. Dunlop can be certified all-natural and organic because it does not require synthetic fillers to be firm, unlike Talalay.
2. Familiarize Yourself with the Cost of an Orange County mattress
The price of latex mattresses varies depending on the type of latex used and the comfort system incorporated in the design. Here’s a quick overview:
- Natural latex mattresses have a higher price point compared with synthetic ones. This is because the latter tends to be less breathable and has a shorter usability span.
- A high-quality latex mattress with a comfort layer and pocketed spring coil base are priced between $1,200 and $1,500. This cost increases with the addition of more layers.
- A twin-size latex mattress may range from $700 to $3,400.
- Queen-size organic Dunlop latex typically costs between $2,500 and $3,000.
- A king-size latex foam mattress is usually priced between $1,350 and $6,000.
When looking for one, you can scout for local and online mattresses and make a tally of the prices in each shop. This way you can see which can provide you with the best deal on the mattress of your choice.
3. Familiarize Yourself with the Mattress Firmness Scale
Brands use a firmness scale from one as the softest to ten as the firmest to describe the feel of their latex. Here is a more detailed explanation of how each rating in the scale is like based on how it reacts to weight:
- Eight to 10 rating means a firm mattress, will allow little to no contouring or sinking as a reaction to body weight
- Six to seven rating means a medium-firm mattress, this allows minimal sinking
- Five rating means a medium mattress, it cradles pressure points and supports the lower back and neck
- Three to four rating means a medium-soft mattress, it does not allow as much sinking as a soft mattress
- One to two rating means a soft mattress, it allows the heaviest body parts, e.g. trunk, to sink deeply
4. Choose the Most Suitable Size for your Bed
In general, natural latex mattresses in the US come in seven sizes. Below are their dimensions:
- California King Bed: 72” W x 84” L
- King Size: 76” W x 80” L
- Olympic Queen Bed: 66” W x 80” L
- Queen Size: 60” W x 80” L
- Full-Size Mattress: 54” W x 75” L
- Twin XL Mattress: 38” W x 80” L
- Twin Size: 38” W x 75” L
5. Pick a Mattress with a Warranty
When shopping for a natural latex mattress, ask about the warranty. This is a feature that comes with good quality and long-lasting mattresses. One with a 5-year warranty is a good deal.
6. Look for a Mattress Shop that offers Installment Payments
It would be easier on the pocket if you can pay in installments. At Slumber N Serenity, we offer a 3-month payment plan that does not require a credit check. Book an appointment to see our Orange County showroom and ask more about our available payment options.
7. Opt for Mattresses from Trusted Sellers
Buying a branded mattress or furniture does not always mean better quality. Sometimes, you can already get a high-quality, no-brand king-size bed at the price of a commercial brand queen size.
Do your research and check out review sites like Yelp for trusted mattress shops in your area. You can also phone in to inquire about the manufacturing or distributing partners of your prospect shops.
8. Time your Purchase
Shops go on sale on special holidays or during change of seasons. You will find many premium options being offered at a fraction of the regular price.
Some even offer free delivery when you meet a minimum purchase requirement. Keep a tab of your prospect stores and shop for discount furniture when the sale season comes.
Shopping for Natural Latex Mattress in Orange County
Natural latex mattresses are an excellent material to sleep on. They offer a supportive and comfortable sleeping space that can cater to different sleep positions and body weights. They also make great options for both children and adults as they are non-toxic and eco-friendly too.
However, buying a good-quality mattress does require shelling out a bit, but without breaking the bank. Find a good deal using the tips above. Don’t hesitate to purchase one if you find a good deal. It’s not a waste of money, at the end of the day.
It’s an investment for your health. If you think about it, you don’t have to worry about struggling to sleep or waking up with a sore back because of a poor mattress. In the long run, you maintain a good posture and a healthy mindset from good sleep.
If you’re in the Orange County area and are looking for premium quality mattresses at reasonable price points, drop by Slumber N Serenity.
We can offer you a one-on-one tour in our showroom and personal consultation on the wide range of options we have, contact us at 714-864-0531 at Slumber N Serenity today.