5 Ways to Create a Romantic Bedroom for Anniversaries
Skip the typical anniversary dinner at a fancy restaurant and bring the celebration home instead by turning your bedroom into a romantic oasis for you and your sweetie to enjoy on your anniversary. You can spruce up your bedroom in a number of ways, from adding balloons for a night or buying an entirely new discount mattress to enjoy every day of the year.
Sometimes just being at home with your significant other with no distractions is the best way to spark up the romance. If you’re ready to get started decorating, here are five ways to create a romantic bedroom for your anniversary that will surely get you and your partner in the mood for love.
Creating a Romantic Bedroom
You can’t go wrong decorating with flowers and balloons on your anniversary. They’re a classic, easy, and affordable way to add some romance to your bedroom. There are so many ways you can decorate with them as well. Here are some ideas:
- Write out a message like “I Love You” or “Happy Anniversary” on the bed using rose petals. This will surely show your sweetie how much you love them.
- Purchase balloons, preferably a combination of red, pink, and white ones, and let them float over the bed. Attach some favourite photos of the two of you to the end of the balloon strings. This sweet, thoughtful idea is great for married couples or couples in a long-term relationship.
- Roll up handwritten messages describing special memories you have with your significant other and put them in a bottle for them to open one at a time. Add an actual bottle of champagne to drink!
- Display a piece of romantic wall art above your bed like wall art of love quotes. You can also go the DIY route and create your own wall art using your favorite framed photos of the two of you as a couple and hanging it up in the shape of a heart above your bed.
Get a New Bed
If you’re tired of your current bed and mattress, your anniversary can be a great opportunity for you and your significant other to buy a new one. These days you don’t have to spend a fortune on a good bed and mattress either. You can find quality discount mattresses and beds by doing a little research to see what’s out there.
It’s a worthy investment because after all, we spend nearly half our lifetimes in bed. Plus, it’ll be one you’ll both appreciate not just on your anniversary, but for years to come.
Maybe you’ll even want to opt for a romantic style such as a four-poster bed, an opulent, crown headboard, or a canopy bed. You can even spring for a new satin or silk bedspread and some beautiful decor pillows to complete the romantic look and celebrate your new purchase as well.
Switch to Dim Lighting
Create a romantic ambiance and set the right tone for your anniversary by switching to dim lighting in your bedroom. This is an easy way to create the look of romance without needing to make any other big changes to the room.
An easy way to do this is to purchase a dimmer switch plug. You can plug in any lamp with an incandescent or halogen bulb into a dimmer switch plug, and it will convert it to a dimmable lamp. For some added charm, you can display dimmable, LED string lights along your headboard or shape around a decor tree as well.
There’s no better way to create a warm, sensual, and inviting look in a bedroom than by displaying candles. When you dim the lights and let the warm and fuzzy glow of the candles take over, you and your partner will surely be ready for romance. Here are some ways to decorate your bedroom using candles for your anniversary .
- Arrange LED candle lights in a heart shape or spell out a romantic message on the bed, and sprinkling rose petals in and around the light display. Just like with the flower petals, this will show your sweetie how much you love them.
- Place tea lights in glass jars and display them around the room to create a whimsical, vintage effect to the entire space.
- Use candle stands of varying heights, place aromatherapy candles inside them, and set up a display on top of your nightstands to create an interesting visual effect along with an intoxicating sense of smell to surround the room with.
Nothing kills a mood like a bedroom that has sloppy teenager vibes. Be sure to take some time to clear out clutter and tidy your bedroom before romancing your sweetheart in it.
Here are some tips for tidying up a bedroom quickly:
- Go around the room with a basket, box, or bag and place clutter inside. You can sort through these items later.
- Gather all soiled clothes and put them in the hamper.
- Pick up any trash you find and dispose of it properly.
- Take a moment to straighten bric-a-brac on top of nightstands and dressers.
- Make the bed. Making the bed changes the appearance of a room instantly. It can make a bedroom suddenly look more inviting and uncluttered.
- Dust surfaces and vacuum floors before you finish up.
From simple changes like switching to dim lighting to major updates like buying a new bed and mattress from your local Orange County mattress store, there are lots of ways you can turn your bedroom into a romantic haven on your anniversary.
Choose your favorite ones, allow inspiration to set in, and let your newly decorated bedroom help you turn up the romance as you celebrate another momentous year together!