How to Shop for the Perfect Mattress
Feel cushy every time you sink into bed with a California King. Finding the right Orange County mattress store means doing some homework so you know the quality to expect once you delve into all of your mattress options.
- Know the density you’re after. Is the bed for you sleeping solo or do you have a partner to consider? Discuss how soft or firm you ideally want your mattress to be. You’re sleeping on it every night, which means you want a mattress that feels right for your body type and needs. Mattresses have come a long way in recent decades, which means there’s a lot to choose from.
- Consider if you’re a ‘hot sleeper.’ Do you typically get hot at night? Natural latex mattresses won’t be the best bet for you since they retain heat under the body and can feel warm even with crisp, cool sheets. There are now bamboo and organic cotton mattresses that are breathable and stay cool, even when temperatures rise. Consider the climate you live in when opting for a mattress that leans more cool or warm.
- Have a budget. Mattress prices can soar, which is why you want to have a budget and a ballpark number you want to spend on a new mattress. You can shop for the perfect mattress at discount stores but you should still know what you want to spend and let that be a guide for the mattress you choose. This is especially the case if you are moving and getting a new bed or new furniture in general. Getting a new bed means you may be upgrading to a larger mattress which costs more and when furnishing a new space, it’s easy to get carried away with spending.
- Don’t be afraid to state the ideal qualities you want in a mattress. This allows the salesperson to provide insight on the options that work best for you. Find mattress and furniture options that match your budget to streamline the shopping experience. This enables the salesperson to whittle down the best mattresses for you so you don’t get hooked on something far out of your budget or pick a mattress style that isn’t comfortable for you long term.
- Visit a showroom to see all of the types of mattresses on the market. With so many types of mattresses to choose from, including pillowtop, plush top, memory foam, bamboo and more, you want to have a clear idea of what suits your needs, even if you elect to buy online at a later point. Visiting a showroom means you can touch, sit and lay down on various mattress styles to see what feels right.
Find an Affordable Mattress
Remember discount mattress stores often offer comparable quality to standard retail stores with a sizable discount that means more cash leftover for outfitting the rest of your space. Everyone wants a deal and that means doing your homework so you get both the quality and attributes you want in a mattress for a price that suits your budget.