Where to Buy Discount Mattresses and Furniture
On average you spend 25 years of your life sleeping, which makes finding a quality mattress pretty important since you’ll want to make sure the mattress you’re sleeping on is helping you to get the most out of those precious hours. Sleep experts advise that you should replace your mattress about every 5 to 10 years, when it comes to buying a new mattress though, you don’t necessarily need to spend big to get a high-quality one. There are lots of options to choose from like discounted memory foam mattresses made from high-quality high-density foam, or other discount mattresses such as the coil spring type with a good quality natural latex mattress topper.
No matter what type of mattress you prefer, there are plenty of high-quality, affordable mattresses available on the market for purchase. The same applies to furniture, you don’t have to spend a fortune to fill your home with high-quality furniture pieces. From online retailers to brick-and-mortar shops, there are plenty of high-quality, affordable buying options for both mattresses and furniture. To help get you started, below is a list of popular discount mattress and furniture shops, both online and in-store, and some tips on how to locate other discounted furniture stores on your own.
- Home Goods: Owned by TJX, the same company that owns and operates TJ Maxx and Marshalls stores, Home Goods sells a variety of quality, high-end furniture items at big-time discounted prices. Although mattresses aren’t sold by this retailer, you can pick up furniture pieces that double as organizers, or a nice throw pillow or nice rug to go along with any pieces of furniture you purchase there.
- Target: The cool thing about Target is they will often collaborate with designers to create affordable, uniquely designed furniture. Their collaborations with designers include everything from furniture pieces for the bedroom and living room to children’s furniture. Although their mattress selection doesn’t include as many brands as other retailers, they do sell mattresses in a variety of sizes from one’s made for cribs to California King beds.
- Ikea: Founded in Sweden in 1933, this furniture company has long been synonymous with affordable, on-trend furniture designed for everyone from kids to a growing family. They sell everything from office furniture to bedroom furniture, and even kitchen cabinets, if that’s something you happen to be looking for while you’re also shopping for new furniture. Also, you can find mattresses in a variety of shapes, sizes, and styles at Ikea.
- Overstock.com: This online-only retailer sells furniture with quality and craftsmanship at discounted prices. If you head over to their website you’ll find just about anything you could need from furniture for the home to outdoor furniture, and mattresses too. All products for sale on their website have reviews that are helpful if you’re having trouble deciding what to buy.
- Big Lots: If you love a good deal, you won’t be disappointed by Big Lots. This retailer is a closeout retailer, which means they sell items that other stores weren’t able to get off their shelves. Their product list includes everything from large entertainment centers to end tables, and brand name mattresses for a fraction of the retail price. For an extra good deal, check out their furniture clearance section on their website.
- Wayfair.com: This online-only retailer sells a variety of on-trend furniture, mattresses, and other home goods that are majorly discounted and with a bit more of a fanciful quality than overstock.com. Similar to Target, they occasionally will partner with big-name home design brands to create unique items at affordable prices. Also, just like Overstock.com, every product sold on their website features user reviews to help guide you in the right direction, so you can find the right item for you.
Tips For Finding Discounted Mattresses and Furniture
- Ask Neighbors, Family, and Friends: Yes you can do a Google search for furniture and mattress stores, but getting a recommendation from your neighbor, a friend, or a family member can also be a great way to find discounted furniture. You can always do a quick Facebook post also to see if anyone on Facebook has a recommendation for where to find discounted furniture or less well-known shops.
- Check Reviews on Yelp: Another way to locate smaller, lesser-known mattress and furniture stores are to shift through user-review websites like Yelp.com and read reviews on mattress and furniture stores in your area. This will help you to tap into the experience and knowledge of other customers, so you know whether it’s worth it to check out a store or not.
- Stop by a Thrift Store: You probably won’t want to buy a mattress from a thrift store or at a yard sale, but you will find hard to beat deals on furniture there. You may have to shift through some junk, but you never know when you’ll find a well-made piece of furniture that someone else is just dying to get rid of at a rock bottom price.
- Trade your furniture: If you don’t have any cash or available credit to purchase new furniture, there is always the option of trading your existing furniture with others. Freecycle.org is a nonprofit movement of people who are giving and getting stuff for free in their local areas. If you find an item you like in your area that is comparable to the item you’d like to swap, you can trade your item for that one and it’s completely free. Also, another good resource for locating people to trade items with is on Craigslist.com.
A Final Note
By following the above tips hopefully, you will be able to locate on your own the opposite of a high-rent, high-pressure store like for example, Slumber N Serenity Discount Mattress and Furniture store in Orange County, CA. Their mission is to keep overhead costs very low, sell high-quality items that last, and to sell mattresses and furniture at prices and margins that virtually no one else is willing to sell at. Finding a shop like Slumber N Serenity Discount Mattress and Furniture store will make the effort of tracking down a discount shop well worth it.
Also, remember while you’re doing your search for discount Orange County furniture stores, or mattress and furniture stores in whatever area you’re located in, be patient. You don’t have to find everything you’re looking for in one shot.